Wednesday 27 June 2012

Work to Live

The past few days have been frenetic.  Much of my time has been spent in search of the Holy Quail (a job).  As there are no more then four quail seen in the Shetlands during a typical season, the chances of seeing one are slim.  I have to keep reminding myself that despite less opportunities than mainland Britain, there is also less competition.
As of yesterday, I have two job applications submitted.  My wife has submitted one application and six speculative CVs.  We have immersed ourselves in books about the Shetland Islands and printed off numerous documents about the housing sitiuation there, both buying and renting.
Despite long days at work and long evenings researching the islands, we are still having restless nights dreaming about a new life.
Numerous job alerts have been set up, including a friend of a friend who lives on the islands.
A builder is visiting tomorrow to quote for work needed to sell the house which we hope to have on the market before the end of July.
Car boots and trips to various charity shops are also scheduled as we look to downsize before the move and jettison many of the trappings of a materialistic city life.
So much to do but such rewards to be had!
Anyway...I introduced us in my last post but neglected to post some photos, so I will rectify that here.  Be kind...
Himself!

Herself!


Jacqui

Alfie & Prudence

Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment