Tuesday 17 July 2012

A Shared Vision

Well, it's been some time since my last update but then so much has happened.
Despite two job rejections, I have another application submitted and yet another in development.  Louise is waiting on four applications so, hopefully, something will come off these.
I decided it was time to break the news of our plans to my mother and her partner.  I knew this would be difficult as I see her every weekend without fail and, clearly, that won't be possible if I'm living in Shetland.  Suffice it to say, she was somewhat upset but understood our reasons.  She was reassured to some extent by my intention to fly her and her partner up to see us and vice versa and I think she knows that I will move heaven and earthg to see her as much as possible.
My children are also adjusting to the news.  I think it's fair to say that my 19 year old daughter, who is currently at University in Wales, is taking more time to get used to the idea than my 16 year old son, who is off to College to study film-making.  In fact, my son has expressed interest in coming to live in Shetland as he, ultimately, wants to be a natural history film-maker and recognises the opportunities Shetland presents in this regard.
We also broke the news to some friends of ours and we were interested to see how they would react, knowing that they, too, had been contemplating a relocation to the coast.  Well, their reaction was wonderful and they too now share our desire to start a new life on the Islands and have set up their very own Shetland Relocation fund.  I must admit, that it would be wonderful if they too managed to get there.
The last bit of news concerns Bailey, my mother-in-law's dog.  Bailey is now known as Hayley after his 'procedure' at the vet's!  He's recovering well I'm pleased to report.
Earlier reference to my son's film-making reminded me to post a couple of examples of my oil painting, which is something I intend to throw myself into when we get to Shetland.  I must admit that over the last ten years, my photography has taken centre stage and my painting has not received the attention it deserves.  I fully intend to rectify this and have a number of ideas that I want to put into practice when settled.  I hope that you like them - please feel free to comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment